Please read the directions carefully.
The National Federation of the blind of Iowa is pleased to offer financial assistance to help defray the cost of attending the 2020 Washington Seminar. Applicants are responsible for up front expenses including Transportation, Hotel lodging, meals, etc.
Applications should be submitted on or before January 1, 2020.
Applicants will know either way if they are receiving funding on or before January 15.
If selected to get financial assistance you will receive a check in the amount you have been given at the conclusion of the 2020 Seminar, unless other arrangements are made with President Van Gorp in advance.
Applicants agree to participate in all of the following events: failure to meet all requirements is subject to financial assistance being withheld
- Participate in a pre-seminar team call or calls to be scheduled for mid-January.
- Attend All days and Iowa Congressional Appointments of the 2020 Washington seminar (February 10, through February 12), leaving no earlier than 12:00pm for the airport on February 12th to allow time for morning appointments if needed.
- Great Gathering-In--Monday, February 10, 5-7pm.
- Students must attend the NABS (National Association of Blind Students) winter meeting.
- All team meeting on Monday, February 10th. Whatever day and date the first day is)
- If there is a congressional reception, all must attend the event.
If you have any questions contact President Scott Van Gorp at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (515) 720-5282
By submitting an application, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed above.